Electric penny boards are growing in popularity – and for good reasons! Much smaller than electric scooters or bikes, but still offering the benefit of mechanical power, these little wheeled machines are hitting the streets in full force.
We’ve reviewed the masses and rounded up the best to create the top 5 electric penny board reviews below!
Are Penny Boards Electric? Is It Even Possible?
Table of Contents
- Are Penny Boards Electric? Is It Even Possible?
- Things to consider before buying a penny electric skateboard
- What are the Advantages of an Electric Penny Board?
- Does Size Matter? Is A 22 inch Penny Board Good for Beginners?
- Top 12 Penny Electric Skateboards
- 1. Meepo Mini 2 Electric Skateboard
- The Details
- 2. Electron Board Mini
- The Details
- 3. Teamgee H20mini
- The Details
- 4. E-ASUM AS01 Electric Skateboard
- The Details
- 5. Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard with Wireless Remote
- The Details
- 6. Tooluck 28” Electric Skateboard with Remote
- The Details
- 7. Jking H2E electric skateboard
- The Details
- 8. Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
- The Details
- 9. Backfire Mini
- The Details
- 10. Vestar Mini
- The Details
- 11. Aeboard AX mini
- The Details
- 12. EnSkate R3 Mini Electric Skateboard
- The Details
- Conclusion – Which electric penny board is right for you?
Yes, an electric skateboard can come in all shapes and sizes! An electric penny board provides tons of opportunities for people with different sizes, models, wheel, and riding style preferences.
Electric skateboards can offer the top-speed experience that riders are looking for and make it incredibly easy to customize your board and travel in style.
Use our article to find which electric penny you want to evaluate and see if it can reach the max performance and best price that you want.
Things to consider before buying a penny electric skateboard
Before you start shopping, let’s cover some important things to think about when searching for your future electric penny board. You need a portable commute solution, and this can solve that problem.
For the earth-friendly folks, electric penny boards are a great choice in cutting down on your carbon footprint. Pack some seed bombs with you to toss along the way and you’re feeding two birds with one scone.
The ideal customer for an electric penny board is likely someone with some skateboarding experience, though this doesn’t have to be the case. The penny board is a unique design and takes a bit of practice to master the ride.
If you’re a bit wary of treading into the skate-world (say, you’ve never been great at balancing) think about looking into electric scooters instead.
Consider the following before you shell out the cash:
- How much do you want to spend? Hit that budget sheet and check the price.
- What does the geography of your commute look like (hills, sidewalks, trails, etc)
- Are you purchasing for your young niece? Probably not the best idea to get her the board that goes over 20mph.
- Are you going to be traveling with the board – you’ll need something you can take on a plane.
What are the Advantages of an Electric Penny Board?
Besides being freaking awesome, electric penny boards have a lot to brag about. They get our vote on being the coolest up-and-coming electric ride out there.
Penny boards are fun to learn on, easy to handle, and look pretty dang cool.
Let’s hit the pros, bullet-style:
- Easily tackle hills, with the electric machine power
- Small and portable (compared to a big scooter or bike)
- Eco friendly! Ditch the gas guzzler and enjoy some fresh in-polluted air
- Cost-effective, for an electric vehicle
These little machines can pack a lot of power. Hitting some decent speeds, up to 13mph, you can majorly cut your walk commute time. They’re operated by wireless remote, making them very easy to use.
Simply plug in your remote to a USB charger and you’ll never have to worry about losing power.
A lot of these boards have a great battery life, that can take up over 10 miles of travel, and can handle steep ramp grades of various levels. That’ll save you from huffing and puffing your way on foot.
The battery packs are located on the bottom side of the deck and are super slim. Being lightweight, around 13lbs, an electric penny board can go from the street to strap onto your backpack and into your office with ease.
The benefit of being able to take your ride with you is that you don’t have to leave it outside to fend for itself against the elements and thieves.
Does Size Matter? Is A 22 inch Penny Board Good for Beginners?
When it comes to electric skateboards and penny boards, you may need to first get used to riding regular and/or mini boards. The reason is that learning to ride allows you to gain the skill of balance, weight distribution, foot support, and overall comfort.
It can get very stressful once you add hub motors, electric drive, and the small size of the penny board.
However, if you have ridden a penny board before (even if briefly) and think that you can handle one, then a smaller 22” (as opposed to 27 inches) will be your best bet.
You’ll enjoy the fact that you won’t have to kick and you have a motor to keep your speed up while you’re cruising.
Top 12 Penny Electric Skateboards
1. Meepo Mini 2 Electric Skateboard
- Highest quality and speed for a mid-ranged electric skateboard
- An awesome choice for teens and adults
- Regenerative Brakes to help with battery conservation
- Up to 30% Hill Grade and a strong hub motor to push any weight
- The remote can feel a bit uncomfortable at times
- Weighing up to 23 lbs, the board mini size cab be hefty for some
This electric penny board is for the budget keepers and performance junkies. You get the best of both worlds on this electric penny board. The cost won’t break the bank and the motor will help you commute there.
This electric skateboard is superfast, topping out at 28mph — it’s an awesome choice for adults looking for enhanced speed.
The high-quality build is what comes to be most impressed with the MEEPO Mini 2, you’ll see other boards that look similar in style and designed standard, but the stability you get from each drive really takes the cake.
You’re getting a beast of a board and reviews to match this sentiment.
Most electric skateboards have max performance anywhere from 20 to 26 mph, but with the MEEPO Mini, you’re easily pushing 28 mph with one of the strongest electric penny board hub motors in the market.
A short penny deck with a functional kicktail makes the Mini 2 is easier to ride, turn, and super portable.
- Speed: up to 28mph
- Range: 15 miles
- Battery: 2 X 540 Watts – Standard / ER battery
- Remote: M4
You’re getting amazing top speed in this electric skateboard and it’s a mini! This isn’t what you find often in the market and if you’ve got no time and places to be then you’ll like this mini a lot. Don’t even think about slowing on down on this board.
The price is what makes this board enticing as a long-term buy, but the quality will keep you as a MEEPO customer for the long term.
2. Electron Board Mini
If you’re looking for a fun and thrilling cruise, look no further than the Electron board mini.
This electric skateboard has it all. With a lightweight design that you can carry around, the electron board mini manages to deliver a top speed of 23 mph on a single 350W motor.
It has a suitable range of 5 miles. The electric skateboard provides an intricate balance between being accessible for beginners while also remaining suitable for electric skateboard enthusiasts.
Electron board mini comes equipped with a wireless remote that can give you full control of the skateboard at the tips of your fingers.
- Speed: 23 mph
- Range: 5 miles
- Battery: 2.2Ah SAMSUNG lithium battery
- Remote: Comfortable wireless remote controller
3. Teamgee H20mini
- Incredible speed
- Comes included with a kicktail in its design
- Affordable pricing
- 90 days warranty from amazon
- Remote feels cheap in hand
- No off the road capabilities
- Long charging time of 3 to 4 hours
One look at Teamgee H20 mini will tell you everything about this electric skateboard. It’s sleek, cool, and a thrilling way to enjoy a cruise or go around your neighborhood for chores.
It looks just as well as it performs. Teamgee H20 mini can reach an incredible top speed of 24 mph while delivering a mileage of 18 miles on a single charge.
It’s equipped with a double 450W super motor and 7.5 Ah battery. Despite this, the skateboard has a lightweight and compact design for convenience and portability.
Teamgee H20 is made of 7-ply maple wood and manages to deliver a strong grip for safe cruising at a high speed.
Best of all, the electric skateboard also has a wireless controller with an LCD that gives you full control of the skateboard’s acceleration and direction.
Finally, if you live in a hilly area, Teamgee H20 mini is perfect for you. The skateboard can climb up an incline of up to 25% with ease.
- Speed: 24 mph. Lightweight riders can probably squeeze in more speed.
- Range: 18 miles
- Battery: 7500 mAh battery
- Remote: Ergonomic design
4. E-ASUM AS01 Electric Skateboard
- U shaped design for added comfort and better control
- 15% incline climbing ability
- Includes incredible regenerative braking
- Customer service leaves much to be desired
- Battery performance falters in winter
No electric skateboard list could be completed without mentioning E-ASUM Electric Skateboard.
It’s an incredible commuter that delivers an incredible speed of 13 mph and a range of 15 miles on a single charge. The electric skateboard has a 7 ply Canadian maple board and is designed to last.
Weighting only 8Ibs, you can carry the electric skateboard around without any hassle. What makes this electric skateboard unique is its ability to easily climb up an incline of 15%.
- Speed: A top speed of 13 mph
- Range: Can travel up to 15 miles
- Battery: 4.4Ah lithium battery pack
- Remote: 2.4G wireless remote control with a lightweight design
5. Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard with Wireless Remote
- The premium quality construction of the skateboard
- Superior grip and control
- Lightweight and convenient design
- Regenerative braking
- Does not come with a warranty
- Complains that performance starts to drop after continuous use
Hiboy S11 electric skateboard has everything going for it.
With a sleek and incredibly cool design, the skateboard was designed to provide maximum control and smooth acceleration.
The board has an incredible 8% incline speed and even more impressively, has a 1.5-hour recharge time only! If you’re a teenager or a young adult, then this is the ideal commuter you need to move around on campus.
- Speed: Incredible speed of 13 mph
- Range: Range of 7 miles
- Battery: 4Ah
- Remote: Comes with a rechargeable and easy to hold, wireless remote control
6. Tooluck 28” Electric Skateboard with Remote
Tooluck 28” electric skateboard isn’t something you can dismiss. It’s an excellent choice for you if you’re looking for a small commuter to go around your neighborhood or cruise on campus.
The smooth, almost soundless, riding experience offers a high grip and is designed to provide flexible turns.
- Speed: Top speed of 12 mph
- Range: 6 to 8 miles
- Battery: 29.4V 2000 mAh battery
- Remote: Wireless remote with 3 LED power indicators and 3-speed levels
7. Jking H2E electric skateboard
Jking is a small, convenient, and reliable electric skateboard to have on hand to satisfy any late-night cruising urgers.
This durable skateboard has a waterproof level of Ip64. For your convenience and ease, this electric skateboard weighs almost nothing at 8.8lbs.
Best of all, Jking H2E-2 manages to balance both speed and mileage as the electric skateboard can reach a thrilling max speed of 18.4 mph and a range of 7.5 miles on a single charge.
- Speed: 18.5 mph
- Range: 7.5 miles
- Battery: 29.4v 2000mAh lithium battery
- Remote: Handheld wireless remote control with multiple LED indicators and comfortable design
- Sleek, elegant design
- Perfect for short, nearby commutes
- Ideal for a beginner
- The tail end is weak
- Complains about battery charge time increasing after continuous use
8. Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
- Fast recharge time of 1 hour and 45 min
- Super smooth wheels
- Regenerative brakes save batter life
- Tackle a 20% incline with ease
- Deep dish deck for extra stability
- Free Shipping on Amazon
- The pricetag is not cheap! You will spending top dollar for this and it can be a justification challenge if its your first electric penny board.
- Weighs a bit more than others at almost 17 lbs
- Can be a bumpy experience, so stick to the smoother streets and don't go off-roading.
- Customer support from Boosted Mini is lacking quite often
This is the prom king of electric penny boards. It can hit up to 20mph and is loaded with tons of battery power to long outlast your commute, so it’s no problem if you decide to dog leg to the brewery after class.
Once you get used to riding the Boosted Mini X, you’ll enjoy the amount of torque you’ll get with their expert mode. The top speed doesn’t change, but the acceleration makes the riding experience much more enjoyable.
If you’re someone with a longer commute or riding around town, the Boosted Mini X allows you to experience a far range of many miles. This well-designed electric penny board will take well over 400+ miles of ride time.
Just like your favorite pizza, this deep dish deck will keep you satisfied by being extra stable.
- Speed: up to 20 mph
- Range: 14 miles
- Battery: Lithium-ion with 1000 watts of power
- Remote: ergonomic shape and intuitive. Designed with cutting-edge firmware for simplicity.
Boosted Mini provides the highest quality of electric penny board that you can find on the market and will enhance your riding style through best-of-build board and top speed.
9. Backfire Mini
- Excellent customer service
- Weighs around 12.8Lbs only. Making it extremely convenient to carry
- Can climb a 30% incline with ease
- Brakes at high speed aren’t as smooth as they should be.
- Isn’t waterproof
Backfire Mini not only comes with a classic and premium look but also with an incredible performance.
The sleek carbon fiber design delivers excellent grip, control, and high stability. With a top speed of 26 mph, you can cruise through the road without a care in the world.
The riding experience is top-notch and you’ll be comfortable making turns and using the brakes.
Backfire comes with 3 ride modes, including a 30 seconds long turbo mode which can give you a boost of speed to satisfy your adventure-seeking heart.
- Speed: Incredible top speed of 26 mph
- Range: 11 miles on a single charge
- Battery: 12s1p Samsung 40T battery pack
- Remote: High grip wireless control
10. Vestar Mini
Vestar Skateboards are renounced among enthusiasts for their incredible performance and high build quality. Vestar Mini continues this legacy of the company with its stylish board and efficient performance.
This water-resistant skateboard has an elegant, portable design and boasts an incredible range of 17 miles per charge. What about the speed, you might ask?
Have no fear because the board delivers a thrilling top speed of 27 mph.
- Speed: 27 mph
- Range: 17 miles
- Battery: Multiple battery options including 7.0 Ah/ 252Wh (Sanyo ga)
- Remote: Ergonometric design that can fit perfectly in the palm of your hand.
11. Aeboard AX mini
If you’re looking for a mini electric skateboard that can withstand slightly bumpy and rough terrain, then Aeboard AX mini is exactly what you need.
This strong but surprisingly lightweight skateboard offers a choice between three battery types. The skateboard has a remarkable climb ability of 35% and a thrilling top speed of 30mph.
- Speed: 30 mph
- Range: 13 miles on the standard battery
- Battery: 3 battery options
- Remote: Small wireless control
12. EnSkate R3 Mini Electric Skateboard
- Brushless hub motor for extra smoothness and power output
- You can travel with it! Plane-approved.
- Increased stability due to soft wheels with great surface contact
- Great range and speed - this will easily cover your city commute
- Wide deck to help keep balance
- This board is a bit larger than the other models reviewed
- Better for smooth paths and roads, as the stiff deck won’t do great on rough ground.
- The motor might slow down you ride for long distances
Portable power here. This board falls among the moderately priced and makes a great mid-ground option for cost and quality. However, it’s also the fastest speed and can take an incline of 20%.
The board can smoothly accelerate and gets going with a kick of speed. Its bright orange wheels also give you better visibility on the roads.
- Speed: up to 21.7 mph
- Range: 12.4 miles
- Battery: 10S1P 90Wh lithium battery
- Remote: Wireless control
Conclusion – Which electric penny board is right for you?
You’ve got the round-up on your deck, now, it’s up to you to decide which board is the best fit. Each of the electric penny skateboards above is unique and has different features. It should be a pretty clear decision to narrow it down to the deck that fits the bill.
It comes down to two main factors: how much wiggle room you’ve got in your wallet and how much power you want under your feet.
Shell out the moola and you’ll get more speed and durability. Penny-pinch your penny board purchase and you’ll still be moving faster than you can walk.
Whichever end of the spectrum you’re leaning towards, you’re still going to get a fun toy that’ll save your calves from burning up those hills.