We know you are in search of the best electric unicycle that can boast of great speed, power, exhilarating fun, and can cover a good distance.
This is why we have reviewed and listed the top 7 electric unicycles that would fit your very needs below!!!
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Unicycle
- Things The Buyer Needs to Think About Before Buying The Product.
- What are the Advantages of an Off-road Electric Unicycle?
- Best Electric Unicycles
- 1. Gotway MCM5-14 inches
- 2. Inmotion V11
- 3. King Song s18
- 4. King Song 18XL
- 5. Veteran Sherman 20
- 6. Gotway Tesla 16”
- 7. Gotway Nikola
- Conclusion – Which Electric Unicycle is right for you?
Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Unicycle
The products that are in the electric rideable product category are products that help to boost mobility for riders who tilt between not wanting to purchase a car.
Riders wanting to have a means of transportation; however very small and compact.
Besides, the products in this category are best suited for people who want to save more money on fuel/gas.
In the same vein, these products are well-fitted for riders who want to substitute vehicles that run on gas/fuel.
Vehicles that run light, reduce carbon emissions into the air, and ultimately save the environment.
Not to forget to mention that the products in this product category are proper for people who want to shed off some weight, and also tone the muscles in their body without having to be static.
Hence, these products are either for riders who want to have fun, who want to burn some calories/work on their muscles, those who want to practice eco-friendly transportation, and for those who want to save money on gas/fuel.
If you are a rider who doesn’t fall into any of these categories, the products in this category are not designed for your usage. And as such, you need to stop reading at this point!
Things The Buyer Needs to Think About Before Buying The Product.
1. The type of electric unicycle that you want to buy.
2. The quality of the electric unicycle; the quality of the shifters, the effectiveness of the braking system, speed/range, the electronic system, wheels, battery quality, etc.
3. Restrictions/regulations concerning electrical unicycle.
4. Can you ride an electric unicycle already or will you have to learn?
5. Most importantly, can you afford to buy it?
6. The warranty on the product. Is it durable and safe for you?
7. Comfort and convenience while riding electric unicycles.
What are the Advantages of an Off-road Electric Unicycle?
If you are reading about off-road electric unicycles for the first time, and you are wondering what the fuss is about this category of rideable; listed below are some points that would convince you to purchase an off-road electric unicycle immediately!!!
First and foremost, the off-road electric unicycle is very compact and easy to move around. That is a plus considering how stressful it could be to drive heavyweight vehicles around all the time.
Another plus is that it is easier to maintain.
Also, an electric unicycle cuts down on our gas/fuel usage; as you don’t have to power it with fuel/gas but with a little surge of electric power. The best part is that you can attach a solar energy panel to help power your unicycle on the go!!
Asides from that, this product can travel on any kind of terrain and surfaces; steep, mountainous, grassy, hilly, paved surfaces, muddy, snowy; just name it.
This product is very fast!! Yes, you read right! An average off-road electric unicycle can go as fast as 100km!!!
It can’t be overemphasized that the off-road electric unicycle can be used as low-impact workout equipment, as unicycling helps to burn calories, increase body stamina, and improves balance amongst others.
Most importantly, riding an off-road electric unicycle is fun!
Best Electric Unicycles
1. Gotway MCM5-14 inches
Top Speed: 25 MPH
Range: 40 miles
Remote: Extendable handle
This product is not nicknamed “The Mountain Climber” for no other reason than the fact that it is the perfect unicycle for you to consider if your terrain is a hilly and mountainous one.
That is not all that the Gotway MCM5-14 has to offer, as this product runs very fast at an average speed of 25mph, and this is made possible by its 14’’ wheel feature.
With a 37lbs weight, the electric unicycle boasts of compact size and this helps to boost a rider’s ability to maneuver sharp turns easily.
It can also comfortably carry a maximum load of about 250lbs.
The icing on the cake for this product is that you get alerted when you are over-speeding when there is a low voltage when there is a low battery and for pedal breaking support!!!
Talk about safety, comfort, and fun at a great price!
- It features a headlight, USB ports for powering external devices, a brake light, and two LED strips.
- Its wheel boasts of unrivaled torque and acceleration.
- It features a 1500 W electric motor.
- The parts of an electric unicycle are expensive
- The body looks too shiny and sheer.
- it doesn’t charge fast. Its charging time is 6 hours.
2. Inmotion V11
Top Speed: 32-34 MPH
Range: 75 miles
Remote: No handheld remote
The manufacturer of the Inmotion V11 did a number on height, as this product is taller than most EUCs via the presence of an air-spring pedal suspension feature.
This feature helps riders sit comfortably while riding.
This is not the only upgrade that this product has over the other EUCs. Its unique 18×3’’ wheel is smaller than the wheels of the other EUCs and this helps the rider to ride faster.
Also, this product weighs 60lbs and can carry up to 300lbs without discomforting the unicycle. Not to forget to mention the presence of a fold-up handle for your luggage and a built-up stand to make the EUC stand on its own.
The best part of this electric unicycle is that it features a double charging system which makes it possible for you to charge your EUC in two different ports.
- It features a kickstand.
- It features a durable and scratch-resistant carbon fiber finish.
- It features a trolley handle design, an integrated pedal suspension, a cooling system, front/rear lights, and brake lights,
- it features no speakers.
- There are no side pads.
- It takes up to 10 hours to charge.
3. King Song s18
Top Speed: 30mph
Range: 70 miles
Remote: retractable handle
If you are in the market for an electric unicycle that delivers great speed. range, and a powerful motor, then you can stop reading at this point and just go order the King Song s18!
With its range of 70 miles and 31mph, this product is a sporty electric unicycle to take on a good ride.
And with an 18’’ wheel, this electric unicycle rides well on the roughest of terrains, such that you can have a smooth and higher ride regardless of where you are riding.
With its beautiful body, this product shines brighter and look so cool than a lot of electric unicycles. The King Song s18 is a just stunning beauty to behold!!
Another great feature of this product is the charge time. The charging time of this product is an amazing 2 hours to get to 80%.
The best part is that at 30% battery, a low battery protection system becomes activated and speed decreases automatically to notify you of a drop in battery level. It’s features include;
- It features 4x Bluetooth speakers, rear light, adjustable pedals, and headlights.
- It has a padded seat for comfortable seating.
- It has an aerodynamic air intake system
- It is unsuitable for street racing and distant riding.
- The body is very fragile.
- It doesn’t feature a speaker, no LED lights by the side, and no RGB.
4. King Song 18XL
Top Speed: 30mph
Range: 75-80 miles
Remote: inbuilt retractable handle
The first thing that shocked us with this product is the size of the wheel!
For an electric unicycle that weighs as much as 53 pounds, the wheel is a big one that weighs an impressive 18’’ and offers a smooth and comfortable ride!!!
Asides from the wheel, another prominent feature is the footpads which are raised about 1600 above the ground level.
This electric unicycle features large-sized 10’’ footpads that also feature grip tapes that offer a firmness of feet grip while riding. Here’s our full review King Song XL.
- It features front and rear LED lights.
- Features music streaming via an inbuilt speaker, Bluetooth connectivity, dual charge ports, and an ambient light sensor.
- The parts are inexpensive to replace.
- It boasts of a 330 Max load.
- It doesn’t charge fast. The charging time is 5 hours.
- You have to ride 120 miles/200km to unlock the full speed of this EUC.
- It requires a little tilt forward to get it to move.
5. Veteran Sherman 20
- Made by former Gotway Engineers, desiring the ultimate high-performance 20″ Wheel for the Veteran Rider in mind
- Largest 3,200Wh battery pack, 2,500W motor, max speed potential ~45MPH
- First Wheel with an integrated Dashboard displaying speed, mileage, battery state of charge
Top Speed: 45mph
Range: 128 miles
Remote: No handle
Judging from the design of this unicycle, It is very obvious that the manufacturers of this electric unicycle have safety in mind more than any other thing, as this unicycle is built like a military armor tank, sort of!!!
However, the sturdy built is not the only good thing about this unicycle.
Another attractive feature of the Veteran Sherman 20 is that despite its huge 3200Wh battery pack, you can easily charge it to 100% in 8 hours if you are charging with a single 5-amp charger, and lesser if you use the two charging ports at once!!!!
Besides these, the 20’’ wheel of this unicycle is another reason why we can’t help but love this unicycle!!!
With that size of the wheel, you can enjoy the farthest range and speed; and this is no wonder why this EUC is the fastest EUC yet to be manufactured!
Besides, this EUC features 250mmx130mm dimension anti-slip pedals that are suitable for different feet. In summary, if you want to go on a straight long ride, this is the EUC for you!!!
- It features dual charging ports for quick charging.
- It features a massive LCD panel where you can make your desired adjustments and view your speed, mileage, battery volt, etc.
- It features a central-mounted trolley handle and a metal cage to protect the wheel.
- It is expensive.
- It is heavy, weighing as much as 77lbs.
Its internal makeup is very complicated. Something as little as replacing a tire can become a cumbersome exercise.
It is not suitable for beginner riders.
6. Gotway Tesla 16”
Top Speed: 50kmph
Remote: Retractable handle
There are so many things to love about this EUC, and the first mind-boggling feature is its fast-charging system. With a EUC that possesses a battery capacity of 1020Wh, the charge time is 2 hours to 80%. Admirable, right?
Some admirable features include; is its 19kg weight, which means this unicycle is as compact and small as they come!
Regardless of its compact size, it features a 16’’ tire; and that for us is a major thumb on!!
The best part is that if your terrain is a hilly one, best believe that this product will serve you efficiently!!
- It features a power switch, a powerful motor lift sensor, Bluetooth speaker, and headlight to aid night driving.
- It features a brake system and it is a low maintenance EUC.
- It features a customizable variety of lights on the side.
- The max load is just 100kg.
- It is a waterproofed EUC.
- There are no brake lights/rear lights.
7. Gotway Nikola
Top Speed: 35-40m/ph
Range: 75-100 miles
Remote: Has a handle
This Gotway product is an amazing unicycle in the sense that it comes in three different battery models as listed above. This means that you can choose whatever battery model you want for your unicycle.
Besides, this unicycle features a 16” tire that boasts great stability and cool movement on unpaved terrain.
Designed to look like a spaceship, this product is a beauty, not with the LED ring that runs through the EUC, and giving it a colorful look especially at night.
- It features a Bluetooth speaker.
- It features front lights.
- It has a push to disengage button under the handle.
- It features unnecessary beeping sounds.
- It doesn’t have side padding.
- The handle folds on the motion.
Conclusion – Which Electric Unicycle is right for you?
That question is not one that we can answer for you because YOU are the one who knows what you want in a unicycle.
Therefore, this is why we have reviewed the top 7 Electric Unicycles for you without bias so that you can select the one that fits your desired specifications and price.
However, before you make your selection from the list of electric unicycles, kindly note that there are key factors that should determine your choice of a unicycle, and they include:
– The range and speed of the unicycle; how far/how fast can the unicycle go?
– Your city/state’s laws for unicycling.
– Wheel size/weight of the unicycle.
– The charging time is another factor that you need to consider.
– Durability and safety features; is the unicycle durable and safe?
– Most importantly, your budget and the price is a factor too.
If you ponder on these things while trying to purchase electric unicycles, it will help guide you to make the right decision!!!